LAST WORD

This work was made for an event called Public’s Award, (Premio del Publico, Al Zur-ich 2007). Every participant presented a work of art in an improvised gallery in the middle of a working class neighborhood. At the end of the exhibit,the public voted for its favorite piece..
I designed my work specifically focusing on the importance of the event’s attendants. I chose a phrase which is very commonly used in Ecuador’s political and social context: They are such thieves. However, I converted this phrase to a positive statement: We Ecuadorians are not thieves.
I wrote this phrase using chocolate truffles placed upon a perfectly white table cloth. The table was set up inside a tiny white tent. The chocolates were not fixed to the table cloth and the public was free to come and go as they pleased, without uncomfortable witnesses.
At the end of the day, not a single chocolate remained.
My work won second place among the audience!
Quito, Al Zur-ich 2007

No hay comentarios: