POETIC GARBAGE

When I first arrived to a "First World" country the garbage was the thing that most amazed me. There were so many new things being thrown away, I had to use extreme self-control not to rescue all of it.
After a number of years living abroad, I decided to use this impulse and make a small homage to that garbage. I called upon two colleagues, Aura Kajas and Tytti Korin, who shared my fascination with this waste, and we decided to work together in Amsterdam for a month. We had all lived there as students and knew the different neighborhoods and their potential, garbage-wise. The first week we worked defining the concept and collecting trashed items. The second week, we chose twelve objects from our pile and dedicated ourselves to transform them. What we actually did was simply wrap each of the items, according to their own story, using paper, string, or sponge. The last two weeks the objects were hung and the gallery was then opened to the public.





No hay comentarios: